The Greatest Film Trailer Ever About an Old Man and His Robot Sidekick

Awesome.



I love how it starts, and you're thinking, "Hmmm, this is kind of quirky.  Why is that guy just dropping off a robot for that curmudgeon?"

Then you start thinking, "Oh, the robot just seems to be some whacky backdrop.  Instead, this is a romance story about a cranky old man and Susan Sarandon.  This is fine, because there aren’t enough old people romances, but I won't see this."

And then, BAM!  The cranky old man and the robot team up to steal jewellery.  Then they have to try to avoid the authorities.

This may be the greatest idea ever for a movie.  Like ever.  I really want to see this movie.  It is an original idea, and it looks like it will be well acted plus end up being pretty fun.

The bummer is that I live in Brantford, and films like this never make it in.  They have to make room for all the comic book movies and films based off board games.  There isn't any way it will end up here.  This city really needs an independent cinema, but then I'd end up being the only person who goes.  That is great for me, but not a solid business model.

I will see this movie.  You should see it too.  Because it will likely be the year's best old curmudgeon who steals jewellery with his robot sidekick film.


Comments