How About That Canadian Curse?

I'm not the superstitious type, but I might start believing this one now. I was pretty convinced Vancouver was going to win this one when the series started. Though once it got a Game 7, I had a pretty crappy feeling that the Bruins were taking the Cup. I'm not a huge Vancouver Canucks fan, but I was looking forward to a Canadian team finally winning the Stanley Cup again. It would have been a glorious symbolic middle finger to Bettman to not only have an American team move to a 'small market' Canadian city but also actually get a championship won by another Canadian city. But it looks like I'll have to wait until next year, and even then, I'll spend the regular season actually believing my New York Rangers have a legitimate shot at winning the Cup. But when they disappoint me again, I'll be ready to have my heart broken by another Canadian team.

I can't even really say it was a great game and it definitely wasn't a very suspenseful final game. Boston put up an amazing performance and they definitely deserved it. It's got to be a great feeling for all the Bruins fans that finally get to see their team win the championship in their lifetime.

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:19 pm

    They don't deserve it the way those idiots acted...I hope the real fans are not responsible for that BS
    Matt C

    ReplyDelete
  2. My impression is that it was a very small group, and likely the type that would riot over a pair of mismatched socks. I think it was just a case of a few morons choosing a rather awful way to spend an evening, and they happened to use the Canuck's loss as their excuse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment