I Love This!

Dear 'Dying' Patient Who Hung Up On Me

I empathize with your plight of having trouble breathing. I realize when you're in rough medical shape, that you have the strong need to be seen immediately. After all, you're the one experiencing the misery and pain and no one else can tell you how unbearable or bearable your predicament is. I realize that waiting until Monday or being on a cancellation list is not the most optimal thing. Especially if your ailment is one that means your being left unattended will result in your untimely demise. Untimely demises are not very fun things. You know what else is not very fun? Being yelled at by someone you're trying to help. Actually, you have a whole lot of air pouring out of that mouth for someone who can't breathe. You'd think you'd conserve that stuff when your days are oh-so-numbered and you can't wait to be seen until the start of next week. So my advice, try to stop yelling and huffing because then you might breathe better. Also, maybe listen to the person that is talking to you on the phone before you rant and hang up. Sometimes, those words actually have helpful advice and would have alerted you to a place you could go for actual help. On the plus side, you gave me a very helpful reminder of exactly why I am now actively pursuing my writing business full time. Thank you so much for that, and I wish I could have been as helpful for you.

Comments

  1. Anonymous7:45 am

    Emily Spicer via Facebook:

    like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:45 am

    Crystal Champagne via Facebook:

    like this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment