'Whatcha Talking About, Willis?'

Gary Coleman passed away on Friday at the age of 42. I probably haven't allowed Coleman to enter my daily thoughts for about 20 years now, but when I was kid, I thought "Diff'rent Strokes" was awesomeness in television form. When I was a little squirt, I would be quoting Arnold (Coleman's character) all day long, because nothing was cooler than a white kid from a rural town impersonating an inner city black kid (hey, it worked for Vanilla Ice for a year or so). I can definitely say that Gary Coleman was one of my favourites when I was still aging in the single digits. Even if things got a little uglier for him after that show, and he never acquired that kind of fame again, I will always have fond memories of his lovable character from "Diff'rent Strokes." Rest In Peace, Gary, I will choose to remember the good times, and I send my best to all the family and friends who had a much deeper relationship with him.

It was one of those days that I found myself very far from a computer. That isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it means I did real world stuff for a change. It does mean I didn't get around to much of a blog, though. My Saturday was a good one, and I hope most of you can say the same.

Comments