Cellular: Generic Action Movie Fun. . .

Cars gets smashed up good. Check

Female lead is unintentionally very annoying. Check

The hero is a rough around the edges pretty boy who proves in the end he has a heart of gold. Check.

Bad guy is cooler then said hero. Check.

Shooting and kicking and punching and hurting. Check.

Thin and unrealistic plot. Check.

The film Cellular seems to have fit all the needed categories of generic and mindless thriller-action movie. Let me add, a very fun, generic thriller-action movie. It's got it's twists but none of them are very surprising. There are a few story elements that leave my head scratching. Why did the crooked cops do a robbery/killing in the middle of the day in the suburbs??? In the end, it's a fun way to waste about 2 hours. Probably one of those movies I'll forget I even saw in about a week.

On a total sidenote, I ate spaghetti & meatballs for dinner with peanut butter chocolate ice cream for dessert. Possibly the greatest meal known to man. The lovely McMahons are responsible for such a nice meal. They saved me for one night from the camp of spooky. A camp that hopefully gets a little less spooky in about 2 days. Speaking of spooky, I'm going to hide in my apartment and lock my door now before the goblins kidnap me.

Comments

  1. Anonymous9:11 pm

    i must respond, my conscience demands it...i'm rather jealous of the fact that you watched a movie, had spaghetti and meatballs...and to top it all off...ice cream. but i'm consoled with the fact that you had to return to "Camp Spooky"..
    just kidding, that was mean. sounds like a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment