A sign I'm not a kid anymore. . .

Here I am, in a job that could safely be said is a career. Now if I decide to make it one is besides the point, the fact is that it could be a long term career. It's even got a big, official sounding title. Guest Group Coordinator. I don't think it gets me a free dinner at any fine dining establishements and it's probably not a big impresser at social gatherings but it's a title nonetheless. It just happens to be my title.

I've got myself a credit card now too. Sure, the card says that my name is Christophe but I'm still pretty sure it's mine. As a kid, a credit card was magical wonder that only big people got to play with. Gues this makes me a big person.

Today, I was reviewing my benefits that come with my job. I was looking over my life insurance. Life Insurance??? Man, now only a few years ago I was pretty sure that was something only old people worrried about. Guess this makes me an old person.

Not a kid anymore. A sombering thought. I definitely didn't turn out the way I had imagined when I was younger. I also imagined I'd be living on Mars and battling evil toxic terrors. So, maybe this route isn't so bad.

I've grown up. Notice I didn't throw in the word mature. I've aged. As I sit in my own personal office, I realize I'm not 16 years old anymore. Hmmm. . . maybe I'll go play some video games now.

Comments